01 August 2017

What Real-Life Blogger Parties Would Look Like || tag & YEARBOOK


Hi, everyone! I'm super excited to finally share with you a post that has been in the works for several months now.

Party planning isn't an easy task to do, especially tackling the itinerary and guest list. I had planned parties in the past-- one for a small group of friends from middle school and the other for a friend moving back to the East Coast-- and they both turned out all right. It wasn't until writing a three page email document to my volunteering supervisor, who held murky plans for the end-of-the-summer celebration, about a suggestion of each aspect of the party including links to all of the pizza places in town serving twelve-inch pizzas and notifying whether they delivered or not two weeks ago did this idea fermenting in the back corner of my mind stepped into the spotlight:

What would a blogger meet-up party look like?

It wouldn't be a conference, no, for even the sheer classification conference blankets over the event conveys a sense of business suits and professionalism. It would be a party, a meetup, lasting the span of maybe three days and two nights. This idea continued to toss in my mind but I made nothing of it. Apparently everyone else at the library didn't mind my party planning email, because then I got the "Most Likely to Write A Five Page Paper About What She Ate for Breakfast" award, which prompted choking on a pizza slice. Anyways.

This is an actual thing that I received at the party. I miss volunteering, despite the number of awkward situations faced, like playing "It's A Hard Knock Life" and having to explain why we were getting Shrek during library closure or explaining to the younger volunteers what MySpace was and how to pronounce "aesthetic" properly while not sounding Tumblr, but now we're getting ahead of ourselves.

In result of these events, I've decided to create the Dream Blogger Party Tag, which inspires how our dream blogger meet up events would be like if each person doing the tag was in charge of curating the party to their vision. Here we go!
No specific place comes to mind, but there are three requirements. The area must be a small to medium size town with cute shows and strolling sidewalks close to any form of wilderness, whether it may be a beach or a forest. This area must also be close to a major city to also take photography there as well. If a name of the place needs to pinpointed, I'd say maybe the coasts of Oregon or Washington just because they fit the requirements and a good portion of bloggers live on the West Coast.

I may not live in Washington or Oregon's coast, exactly, but the beach I visited does have a lot in common.
// Pancakes versus waffles. Most bloggers are old enough to remember the summer-long feud of two beloved breakfast foods. I will not state my position, exactly, but let's just say that one is going to run out quickly causing much mayhem and distress rather while the other group will eat their food in peace.

// Pizza, and not just the regular corporation company kind. There is a fine sense of sophistication and warmth in local pizzeria cuisine. Bonus points if it's wood-stoved!

// Autumn Raelin's desserts. Autumn is one of my closest friends in the blogging world and have you seen all of delectables she's been making? Her baking is very much needed to be present when we party.

She makes a ton of desserts!

All of these pretzels of various shapes and sizes!

The previous three photos belong to Autumn Raelin from Autumn's Readings + Writings, reposted with her permission.


David Guetta makes some pretty good EDM music, and collaboratives with other artists such as Sia really attest to this. James Arthur has some upbeat tunes, too. Walk the Moon, Ed Sheeran, and maybe some Ben Rector would also be pretty fun to listen to... But we'd probably quake the floor jumping up and down and pumping our fists in the air. Most of us will awkwardly be dancing with our epic dance moves: the lawnmower and the sprinkler!
// A majority of us would be talking about our works-in-progress! A good sized portion of the community do aspire to be authors. We'll share a few snippets or maybe find some new beta readers, and there will be one person who is busy writing away into the night while everyone else is either gathering around talking or just passed out asleep.

Photo on the boardwalk (which I'll do a more thorough post about soon)!

// Everyone would be too busy talking to each other about food set ups or the places we visit. Comments such as, "Oh my gosh that book shop is so aesthetic; I love the scene of old books," and, "Look of those flowers! We need to share this with the rest of the blogging community right now," will go around. It would just be squealing, oohing, and modeling.

// There would be a huge bonfire where we'd all gather around a large campfire during the day we visit the nature-filled site, where musicians would perform live, writers read their poetry, and book reviewers would rant about how their OTP, or one true pairing, didn't become canon. It would just be marvelous.
I have two ideas! One is to go and meet up with someone and do the Blind Makeup Challenge, because doing the challenge and yet having no knowledge about makeup would result in just laughter. Since it's highly unlikely I had brought any makeup to the event and buying new ones isn't entirely rational, I'd maybe do a rainbow collaborative, partnering up with five other photographers to comprise collages made up of objects with that color.
// Introverts would become extroverts. It may be awkward in the beginning, because the dynamics are different! You're talking live with people you first met online. Since we'd all know each other (as we know that the people we've invited are actual people and not creeps), we'd all hit off talking right away. Capitalization and emojis don't translate out of a screen? Voice volume and facial expressions came long before computers were a thing.

// This is a habit that appears whenever I eat out with my family, but no one would eat an hour after food is served because we'd all be busy taking photos of the food set up. It's almost a fact once someone starts blogging, the amount of food photos in their camera roll or memory card increase exponentially. Enough said!

When members of your family order calamari fish and chips or a salmon burger and you can't eat until you've taken a good quality photo of all the food. I'm not responsible if all of these food photos make readers hungry.

// Overnight, hardly anyone would sleep because we'd be too busy chatting with each other. No one would be tired. At all. We'd probably be running up and down our shared hotel rooms and make a ruckus on the floor, probably plotting how to get ahold of all of the food in the morning before everyone else does. All anyone could ever hear from our lexicon are the words "aesthetic" and "YAAAASS."
People always have differing opinions, so I'd like to see your take on what your dream party is by doing the tag yourself! If you do end up doing the tag, please let me know so I can read all of your responses and just fangirl.

The rules are similar to other tag rules: thank the person who nominated you, answer the questions, and tag five others to do the tag! You may also use the image below to put up as a graphic for your post, if you wish.


As you've probably deduced by the post title, the submission form for the 2017 end-of-the-year blogger yearbook is now live! I'm so excited to be continuing this tradition with you all for another year. There are several changes brought into order-- I have a more organized system planned, as well as some slight changes. To add variation in the yearbook, I've changed the major prompt from a quote and a bio to a short prompt about how the past year has inspired you. Most of it is still the same! I'm also including a yearbook section for indie artists and self-published authors in the blogging community who wish to promote their album or book, but I'm only taking the first ten or so people.

There is a reason why it's been moved up much earlier than last year, and not just because the idea was brainstormed last minute the following year. I'm entering my senior year, friends, and as some know from experience, this is the season of college applications and tidying things up for graduation which equals STRESS, but my life off-line and my mental health come first. As a result, the cutoff date for submitting your entry is October 6th, so that way over two months worth of preparing the yearbook will be dedicated instead of hashing out the design during Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm looking for yearbook volunteers, people who are willing to help me out, particularly with the organization aspect (which takes up the most amount of time)! You'll be credited in the acknowledgement section, as well as see how the yearbook looks early on. While long-term commitment is preferable, I'm also willing to take in those who can help out for just a few weeks or with a few simple tasks. If you wish to help me, please indicate that on the form, which is down below (if it isn't showing up, you may access it here).

Also, a quick update to answer some questions that have been popping up: you can participate in the Blogger Yearbook even if you didn't last year, while an example from the previous example can be found here.



Do you agree or disagree with any of my party planning points? What are you looking forward to this upcoming semester? Will you be participating in the tag or the yearbook, or both?



79 comments:

  1. This sounds so cool! At first I thought you meant a virtual party, but then you meant a real party with the real people! I so want to do this tag.

    I wasn't following your blog last year, but this yearbook thing sounds cool. Can people who didn't participate before participate now? If so, I'd love to do it:)

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pip! I'm so glad you want to do this tag!!! I can't wait to read your answers, when you do.

      I'm sorry I didn't clarify sooner on the post-- bloggers who did it last year and those who haven't done it at all can join! The only qualification really is that they have a blog (that's appropriate, of course). I'm so pumped to see how the yearbook will turn out this year, eeep!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I'll definitely participate then! Can't wait either!

      Delete
  2. This was a very cool post, I can tell you worked hard on it! I don't quite understand the whole year book thing, since I wasn't on blogger last year, but it sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post was hard work, but I was having way too much fun brainstorming answers that it honestly didn't feel like work anymore!

      As for the blogger yearbook, it's actually simple: it's like a little snapshot into what our blogging community looked like that year. It's stylized like an actual yearbook (like the senior section of it, specifically) and when the final product is finished, it's nice to look at everyone's responses. It's also a really great way for the blogging community to become more tight knit, which is really important! I really hope you consider doing the yearbook, Gray-- if you're still unsure, I've updated the post to have a link to how it looked like last year.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  3. Wow I love your place and your tag! Will see if I can do it sometime!

    And I will sign up to help you with your yearbook! It sound like so much fun (though honestly I don't know exactly what I'll be doing but hello, I'm sure you'll be there to give me advice xD)

    Also followed you!

    lisa @ thisinkwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Lisa! I honestly adore the West Coast. While I would like to go and stay on the East Coast for some time, I think I'll return back into this area of the country; it has enough wildlife and urbanization to feel right at home.

      The behind-the-scenes tasks for the blogger yearbook are kind of basic: alphabetical organization, photo organization and cropping, etc. It seems menial, but if we get enough help, it'll go by rather fast and it won't drag along.

      I meant to follow you back, agh! Will do that after replying to comments.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  4. This was a fun tag! I might do this one at some point. Can you do the yearbook if you weren't in it last year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! You should do this at some point-- it's really fun to do. And yes, you can join the yearbook, even if you didn't do it last year! I'm sorry for not clearing that up before.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  5. ABBY. Can I just shriek for a while because I have actually spend nights thinking of what a blogger meet up would be like and legit almost all of what you wrote down is something I laughed about and totally imagined would happen. This is 100 % the best tag I have ever seen, and I must do it though I'm going to have a time not copying all of your answers XD

    I need to know more about the yearbook? Where can I see last year's... I would absolutely love to help but I just want to check it out before I commit ^.^ <3

    Thank you for spending so much time on this because you have no idea how much I enjoyed it, agreed with it and laughed over it <3 *hugs*

    Anna | www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind! I found the yearbook and I will absolutely do it :) It's a really cool idea.

      Delete
    2. ANNA. *hugs back* Oh my shish kebabs, are we twinning or what?!?!? Great minds think a lot, for sure! Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised nor mind if there's some overlap in answers, because honestly, blogging lexicons and habits are pretty much consistent: like, for instance, "aesthetic" is used A TON.

      Also, I'm glad you found the yearbook! I perhaps should have been more straightforward with the details, but at least they're all sorted out now!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  6. This post is basically my favorite thing in the entire world. Like not kidding. First you make the best tag pretty much ever (I'm going to try and do it soon) and then you announce the new yearbook! I signed up for the yearbook and also to help. I'm so excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Honestly, so many bloggers are going to have a ton of varying answers-- I know some people think that our answers will all end up the same, but how people perceive the party will be different.

      I just checked the yearbook response form and saw you submit!!! I'm going to contact those who are willing to volunteer around mid-August to early September, so please be sure to look out for an email when you can!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  7. ACTUALLY THO to everything in this post. XDD And GOOD LUCK WITH SENIOR YEAR ASJDLKF! Exciting stuff. Stressful stuff. I literally felt secondhand stress when my sister submitted two of her early action college aps four minutes before they were due. XDD

    Okay, question: I'm on hiatus rn from my blog, but can I still enter the blogger yearbook?? Totally ok if I can't -- I'm just wondering ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT. XDDDD I'm actually at registration as I'm typing this waiting to go into the nurse's office to ask about medication stuff. Once I get home I have to sign up for the Common App site, and research more colleges... I've been working on some application stuff in the summer, so I shouldn't be too worried!

      Yes, you can join! I know you had to put blogging on hiatus until you turn sixteen (if I remember correctly?) but I see no problem with you joining. I'm so happy you're on board, Sarah!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for this! I submitted. :)) (Also, I'm working to try to get a photo to you ASAP.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so happy that you're able to take part of this!!! Which reminds me, I should probably go and work on the ending of our collab.... >.< *flails nervously*

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! :D Haha ikr. XD

      Delete
  9. This is actually a great idea! (also pancakes vs waffles! I missed that by a month XD)

    I'm so excited for the yearbook! Last years was awesome, and this year's is gonna be epic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still declare allegiance to either side, but I am warning you that once you declare your stance there is going to be a ton of hostility so brace yourself!!! xD

      This year's is going to be epic for sure! We had almost fifty bloggers join us last year-- let's see if we can increase that number just a little bit more...

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  10. I love the idea of a blogger party tag! Also, I'm definitely going to submit to the yearbook.
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think you'll be able to do the tag, Mira? Also, just a head's up-- I received your photo for the yearbook!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  11. Pancakes and waffles would obvs have to be present. I can't wait to submit to the yearbook! Is it an ebook in its finished format?

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I can just imagine the hotel or wherever we stay at just be befuddled by the war between the two groups and kind of blankly go into the kitchen and make more of each breakfast food. :P

      Last year, the yearbook was in a magazine like format and uploaded to a magazine hosting site (which should allow downloads of it for copies, if I remember correctly) but I may change it this year, because putting it into ebook format is definitely something I'm open to doing.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  12. I LOVE THIS TAG!! So creative. :D ALSO! YAY YEARBOOK! I'm definitely doing it again. <3

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, based on our experience, we know there's going to be a TON of flailing. xD Can't wait to see you submit for the yearbook, yay!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  13. I'd be curious to see how the whole introvert/extrovert thing would play out, since I think a grand population of us are introverts, maybe it would work out because we wouldn't exhaust the other introverts so quickly. I could definitely imagine all of us around a bonfire or taking pictures in an aesthetic bookstore or coffee shop, or somewhere in the nature. It would be cool if it were a giant group camping trip.

    I also just wanted to say that I've missed you and your blog so much and I've felt very detached from the blogging part of my life recently but I'm hoping to come back soon! <3 much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and also- I will definitely be doing the yearbook again! Let me know if you need any help at all with anything.

      Delete
    2. You do make a good point, especially since it really just occurred to me the ratio between introverts and extroverts in the community. I think there will be enough chatter going on to make the extroverts feel engaged while those who are more reserved on the introvert spectrum can just enjoy one another in each other's company. The more I look back on my answers, the more I'd love to change it to a camping trip-- it would be fun, especially since we'd have to set up tents which can be a stressful but fun experience.

      No need to worry! I know you're probably busy with real life, camping, and glee club. Blogging is fun, but just experiencing life off-line is still pretty good and important. I'm so glad you're back, though! I'll be sure to let you know if organizational help is needed. ^.^

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  14. THIS THE MOST AMAZINGEST IDEA I'VE EVER READ. You're brilliant Abby :) I totally think this should happen. And a way we can this happening is by having a cool donation thingy set up for those who might need to save up a little to attend ;) I'm going to do this tag!!

    Yay for the yearbook. Thanks so much for doing this Abby! I can totally help you if you need any help so just email me ;) and I'm going to submit soon!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH ELLIE YOU'RE TOO KIND. <3 I do agree that this needs to happen in the future and agree we should have like a GoFundMe set up for the blogger meetup! I'm going to guess that the cost for everything minus air fare would probably be around $5000 - $8000, if we ended up having about five people sharing a hotel bedroom, paying for food expenses and car (or bus) transportation. It's kind of pricey, but it'll be worth it, and honestly the experience will be just priceless.

      I'll be sure to shoot you a message, Ellie! I'm so happy that this is all coming together xD

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  15. Haha, I thought I was early, but then I checked the comments section. ^.^ Like the other 20 people who have commented before me have said, the tag is amazing! So, I'll be looking for my invitation to the party in the mail.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how the yearbook will turn out. I've signed up to help out!

    Aliah | Indigo Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the post has been up around the time you contacted me to help with coding stuff. :P Gosh, I forgot to realize that we have to mail invitations, too-- well, in order to pay for the party we're also going to have to do a ton of couponing I guess! xD The invitation letter will be fancy and come with a ribbon and everything!

      Yay! I'm so happy that you volunteered to help out! Thank you so much, Aliah!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  16. Ahhhhh this post!!!! <3 That food!!! You've made me so hungry now!!!
    But that party sounds amazing. I would so come to it. Not sure if I'd actually became an extrovert though, but miracles do happen ;) Haha

    I would love to participate in this tag, but I'll see if I get time to do it. I still have that Character Fight to the Death thing you tagged me in (it's coming!! I haven't forgotten!) So I'll see how it goes :)

    Awesome post, Abby!!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you have to thank Autumn-- she's the baker, not me. ^.^ I'm afraid I burn nearly anything I make or even sometimes my ears, as I tried to curl my hair but wasn't using the proper skill to. And indeed, miracles do happen-- there are actually a good deal of book bloggers that I think you'd get along with, such as Anna from annaish.

      Just do the tag whenever it's best for you! I can't wait to see how the You're Not Good Enough tag-- just making literary characters fight like the Hunger Games, while slightly painful since the characters are all like your children, is just the best.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  17. YES YES YES YOU BLESSED HUMAN BEING YES. dude this whole tag is so creative and whatnot, like the pOSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS and now I can't stop the ideas. *hyperventilates*
    also the yearbook looks so cool! I'm hoping I can part take, but that means scrambling for a decent picture of myself, and who knows if I'll even remember. XD
    Anyways, love the blog, love the post, love you, LOVE IT ALL. *dances*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW SUZY YOU'RE SO KIND LET'S FLAIL TOGETHER AND JUST EAT ALL THE DESSERT AND PIZZA MHMKAY?!?!? The possibilities are endless-- I'd honestly like to see what would happen if we ended up primarily staying in a city. Seeing as many bloggers are from small towns, the experience would be quite a whirl, wouldn't you say???

      Don't worry-- I'm planning on going around and just checking in with everyone on whether they'll join the yearbook or not a week or two before the form closes; that's the plan, anyway!

      Love you too! *flounces to eighties music*

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  18. EEP THIS SOUNDS SO LOVELY. I love this tag so much. <3

    Also can I just say that you are the coolest human ever for doing this yearbook every year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HONESTLY CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU DO THE TAG. I'm looking forward to seeing what you write (even though it may be similar, we're still going to flail and just squeal as much as we did when you figured early on what I was planning on doing for the post).

      Can I just say you're like the sweetest cinnamon roll, Grace Anne? <3 <3 <3 I don't know if I'll be able to continue doing the yearbook in following years due to schedules, but... we'll see!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  19. Wow, the tag looks awesome. And the yearbook idea is cool. Great way to show support to other blogs.

    Great post. I love how you talked about how all the bloggers would be focused on their WIPs.

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivie! Bringing together a sense of community in the blogging world has always been important, especially since several years ago (around like late 2012 to early 2013) I witnessed a major falling out between members of the old community.

      All of the writers would be talking about their WIPs, though! It'll just all be exciting!

      Thank you for stopping by, Ivie!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  20. What a lovely post! I enjoyed it SO much!!!

    Love the yearbook idea too!! :)

    - El @ El's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Which answer resonated with you the most? Also, are you planning on joining the yearbook? We'd love to have you!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  21. Idk if my entry went through, so I'm going to type another one. If there's two I'm sorry XD safety measures Amiright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sophie! Indeed, safe rather than sorry-- your entry did go through, so you don't have to worry about that. ^.^

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  22. DUDE WHHAAAAAA YOU ARE THE BEST OKAY??? Like, just know that. YOU ARE THE BOMB. I'm literally freaking out so much that you used my pictures like WHAT OK *calms self* <333 YOU'RE AWESOME.

    Ahhh and it's so awesome you're continuing the yearbook! Way to do that :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Autumn, YOU'RE the best. xD And honestly like I know you were disappointed how your Fourth of July cake is but that still doesn't change my opinion you should be baking desserts for the blogger meet-up. ALSO CAN I JUST SAY THIS: what if you TAUGHT everyone how to bake??? Oh my gosh, that'd be so much fun!!!

      I really hope you join the yearbook again, Autumn!!! Yay!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  23. I AM SO GLAD YOU LED ME TO THIS POST THANK YOU !! And I 100% NEED to be at that party I got excited reading it just like imagining how great that would be I'm sad it's just pretend now I really need a get together like that in my life. Also I would love to enter your blogger yearbook what a neat idea! I'll fill out that form now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE WELCOME!!! We need to turn this collab into a reality honestly-- like I said to Ellie in the comment above, it'll probably be expensive, but it will all be worth it. I can't wait to see you sign up for the yearbook, whoo!!!! I really hope you join this year!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  24. This is so exciting!! I meant to sign up for the yearbook last year, but I totally blanked and forgot about it until you published the finished product. *bangs head against wall* One question, though - is there a certain orientation you'd like our photo to be? Horizontal, vertical, square...would it be best to send one copy of each, or does it matter?

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you're joining this year, Ellie! xD And it's okay-- I'd probably be the same if our roles were reversed. For photos, I'd suggest a horizontal layout, just to keep everything consistent. We may crop photos to be circular this year, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm settled on that route yet. Sadly, the contact form doesn't allow attachments-- you're going to have to shoot me a message and I'd have to reply back in order to send the photo, but don't worry-- I'm on top of things and usually reply ASAP!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  25. This sounds like a really cute idea! Pizza is definitely a must! And your friend's desserts look so good!

    I've never really been surrounded by a bunch of introverts before but I think it would be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep, thank you!!! There must always be pizza at gatherings; it's a rule! And Autumn is just the best.

      I think the experience would be really fun, too! I have a ton of extrovert friends and while I do love them, I get exhausted easily and have to constantly recharge by writing in my room.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  26. I'd definitely go to that party. It sounds heavenly. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evangeline, you'd have to go!!! It'd be so awesome just to jam out and meet you! xD

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  27. Hey there!

    I just stopped by to thank you for checking out my blog and commenting! :)

    Also this tag looks really fun. I have no idea what the lawnmower and sprinkler dance moves are, but they sound just about perfect for introverts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Meghan! You're most certainly welcome!

      You've never heard of the lawnmower and the sprinkler dance moves? O.O Well, that's all right! The good news is that they're quite easy to lean-- they're pretty much self explanatory. The lawnmower is someone with their hands out and acting like they're pushing around the aforementioned name, while the other has one arm bent and cupped to an ear and the other extended, and then the arms move in close so the bendable soft part of your arms touch, then out. That was some terrible explanation but I'm sure you get the idea! :D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
    2. Sounds as awkward as I imagined 😁 But hey, I do not dance. At all. Never. Nor do I particularly wish to so I don't know about dance moves.

      Delete
  28. OMG THESE PICTURES ARE SO DREAMY. I loved this post! Count me in on the party you're organizing... I will RSVP :D

    - andrea at a surge of thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AUTUMN'S FOOD PHOTOS + BOARDWALK TOWN = probably the best photos ever produced. This party will actually need to be a real life thing now--be right back as I go write a more thoroughly detailed plan and maybe start a fund for being able to afford to host this party. :D It's so good to see you back, Andrea!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  29. Oh what a great idea for a tag, Abigail! I'll totally be signing up for the Blogger Yearbook -- it looks so great! Question, do you think the picture in the sidebar of my blog is okay? I'll fix it up a bit but I was just wondering if me covering my face was okay, along with the quality (since it was taken with my phone camera and my phone camera sucks XD).

    may @ forever and everly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, May! To answer your question about he Blogger Yearbook-- yup, your sidebar photo is fine to use. I'm also going to have to cover up my face as well somehow... the question is how? xD And also your phone quality is actually pretty good??? That is a good quality photo-- it's not hugely pixelated or anything!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  30. BEST. TAG. EVER. I'VE ALWAYS DAYDREAMED ABOUT HAVING/GOING TO A BLOGGER MEETUP AND AFTER READING YOUR POST IT FEELS SO POSSIBLE! Can I do the tag or do I have to be tagged to do the tag? :} BECAUSE I WANNA DO IT SO BADLY. Hehe. ^-^

    YASSS, YEARBOOK! I would love to be part of it. <3 Also, good luck on everything! You're such an awesome person, Abby. :)

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KENZIE. YOU. ABSOLUTELY. ROCK. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's actually daydreamed about this! You can do the tag-- I've actually tagged everyone to do the tag and GIRL I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR ANSWERS. Like, I will be shocked if there is no big mention or paragraph about the importance of pizza at for your post. O.o

      I can't wait for you to join the yearbook! And d'aww, thanks m'dear. I'm going to need everything I can to man for the new school year and the things that I'll need to do in order to transition into different stages of life smoothly. <3

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
    2. OH MY GOSH, I CANNOT WAIT! You are most certainly not the only one! So thank you for creating this tag- it needed to be born! ;) UM... IT'S LIKE YOU JUST READ MY MIND. I will definitely save a full section of the post just for pizza. ;) <3 <-- my heart emoticon is actually a slice of pizza. #wut

      You're going to do amazing, Abby. Trust me. If anyone is going to go forth and conquer, it's you. <3

      xx Kenzie

      Delete
    3. This tag took FOREVER to be born, but it was worth all of the waiting and planning. And WHOA, I am MIND. BLOWN. That's because you have a heart of a pizza!!!

      *sobs uncontrollably because of the sweet words* THANK YOU. :'D

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  31. I LOVE THIS TAG. For a moment it all seemed so real and I was like "wait, is this party actually going to happen?" xD

    Oooh a yearbook! Is this forum going to be open until October 6? I don't have time tonight to put my info in, but I definitely want to do it! This is such an incredible thing, Abby <33

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEP!!! I know it's like a dream party, but it'd be so cool to turn this into an actual real life party several years down the road. Honestly. XD

      Yes, the yearbook will be opened until October 6th! There's a large window in case more bloggers want to join in, and also the reason why this was pushed back up earlier into the year (last year it was around October or November this idea came to mind and everything was LATE). <33

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  32. AWWH THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER. Just thinking about a community of bloggers actually getting together makes me all squealy and warm and fuzzy inside. (Not to mention there's pizza... ;)

    I can't wait to see the yearbook!! :D

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'AWW, thank you, Katie!!! I'm sure you've had a taste of how a community of bloggers will act getting together, since you've had all the frens stay over at your house during the Minneapolis Young Writers' Conference. (You never forget about the pizza.)

      I'm excited for it too!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  33. THIS IS SO COOL. I saw Grace's post of this and I was just like...how is this so on point. Thanks for coming up with this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so on point because literally we are going to pretty much act and fangirl the way we all do online. xD I'd love to see you do the tag, Lauren, even though it may break your blog's post theme. <3

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  34. SAW this post on graces blog and had to come to the source of where everything has started. OH YOU SMARTIE! Always coming up with the best tags haha I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to see you do the tag, Vanessa! So if you get the chance to, I'll be sure to check it out. ^.^

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  35. AH, I WANT TO GO TO THAT BLOGGER MEET UP! It would be so epic. This needs to be a thing.

    And I just submitted my form for the yearbook! I can't wait to see it come together again!

    ~ Savannah | Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It SO needs to be a thing, oh my gosh. <3 I'd honestly love for it be a thing.

      I can't wait to see how the yearbook comes together again, too! Yay!!!

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  36. What exactly is the blogger yearbook? It sounds neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. THIS IS SO FUN I HAD A BLAST IMAGINING ALL OF THIS <3

    - andrea at a surge of thunder

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah